We are committed to improving the energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions of our operations. Our property portfolio will operate at net zero carbon by 2030. We are a signatory of the WGBC Net Zero Carbon Buildings commitment. We will enhance the efficiency of our energy consumption by 7.5 per cent by 2025, using 2016 as the baseline (VAETS II).
We have determined the following objectives for the Sustainable cities focal point:
- We invest in growth centres, in locations with good accessibility and services.
- Our digital solutions promote the development of smart cities.
- We will reduce energy consumption by 3% annually.
- Starting from 2021, all of our new own construction projects will be implemented with a target Energy efficiency level of ≤ 80.
- All of our major renovation projects will achieve a relative improvement in energy efficiency of at least 30%.
- We use carbon-neutral property electricity throughout our property portfolio.
- We will reduce water consumption by 5% by 2030, using 2019 as the baseline.
- We will control and optimise the indoor temperatures of our property portfolio using AI solutions, based on actual temperatures and weather forecasts.
- We will improve the waste recycling rate to 55% by the end of 2023.
- In both new property development and renovation, we aim to achieve a waste sorting and recycling rate above 70% by the end of 2023.
- All of our own offices are WWF Green Office certified.
As part of our goal of becoming carbon-neutral, we have joined the Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment of the World Green Building Council (Net Zero Carbon Buildings 2030 -Commitment). We want to take action to restrain climate change by improving the energy consumption of our property portfolio and reducing its carbon footprint. See our commitment here (pdf).
Page updated 20 January 2021